Please note the following is accurate as of Early February 2020
The Coronavirus outbreak has been dominating headlines for the last few weeks. I am growing concerned with the increasing amount of panic, misinformation and xenophobia being circulated and wanted to do something to help.
The following is a summary of what we know so far about the outbreak and why we should be taking it seriously. I hope the comic format makes the information more accessible and is a good starting point for staying well informed.
Full Disclaimer: I work as a product manager for Elsevier. This blog post and comic are my own creation and in no way represent the thoughts and opinions of my employer.
- Coronavirus: latest information and advice. GOV.UK. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public Published 2020. Accessed February 2, 2020.
- Novel Coronavirus Information Center. Elsevier Connect. https://www.elsevier.com/connect/coronavirus-information-center Published 2020. Accessed February 2, 2020.
- Coronavirus. Who.int. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 Published 2020. Accessed February 2, 2020.
- Novel Coronavirus 2019, Wuhan, China | CDC. Cdc.gov. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Published 2020. Accessed February 2, 2020.
- John Hopkins Visual Map 2019-nCoV Global Cases. https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6